Many of you know about the QuickTime Player which a lot of people use in order to watch the movies they want on their iDevices. However, if you use the Export function present in the player, you can easily covert any audio or a video file into a ringtone for your iPhone. If you don’t know how to do this, then this post will help you.
- The first thing which you need to do is launch the QuickTime Player. Once, it’s launched, simply open the video or audio file you like and want to convert it into a ringtone.
- When the file in is QuickTime, simply press ‘Command+T’ or you can select and open the ‘Edit’ menu in order to activate the Trim function so that you can trim a clip that’s 30 seconds or less in length. You can select the portion you want by using the slider and when you have what you want, you just have to select the yellow ‘Trim’ button.
- After the selection, open the ‘File’ menu and then select ‘Export’ and set the save location as Desktop with the format being ‘Audio Only’ and click on ‘Export’.
- Now, move to your Desktop and find the ringtone which was saved and rename the file from .m4a to .m4r and then confirm the change you have made.
- Open the .m4r file in iTunes by double-clicking on it and you will find the file under the ‘Library’ section present within ‘Tones’.
- Simple connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable and then drag and drop the ringtone present in the ‘Tones’ folder to your iPhone.
You have successfully converted the audio or video file into a ringtone for your iDevice. If you happen to get a rumor saying that the file is too big, ignore it because it will still be copied to your iPhone.
Feel free to ask any questions.