Yesterday, Apple rolled out iOS 6 for iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPad 2 and the new iPad. While the New iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5G will be shipped with iOS6. Just like the GM version of iOS 6, you can Jailbreak the iOS 6 using the Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4.
Please Note that:
- This Jailbreak will only work with iPhone 3GS, 4 and iPod Touch 4G.
- If your iPhone relies on Gevey Sim Unlock or Ultrasn0w, Please stay away from iOS 6.
- This Jailbreak is not like the simple Jailbreak, this is a developer-specific version, because no Cydia will be installed after this Jailbreak but you can only SHSH into your iPhone.
- The other side of this release is that it is a tethered jailbreak which means if you restart your iPhone, iPod Touch you will need to enter in the tethered mode by running “Just boot” from Redsn0w.
Pre-Requisites to Jailbreak iOS 6:
- Download iOS 6 for iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G or iPhone 3Gs
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4 for Mac
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4 for Windows
How to Jailbreak iOS 6 on iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod touch 4G using Redsn0w
- Download the iOS 6 and Redsn0w from the links mentioned above.
- Connect your iPhone with PC/Mac and restore it on iOS 6 using iTunes. We have already posted the step by step guide to update to iOS 6.
- Open up the “Redsn0w” and Click on “Extras” . From “Select IPSW” then point it to already downloaded “iOS 6 ipsw”.
- Connect your iPhone with PC and hit on “Jailbreak”. Follow the on screen instructions, carefully enter into DFU mode and once the process will finish, your iPhone or iPod Touch will be restarted (Make sure that Install SSH is checked, and proceed. Your device will now be jailbroken).
- Leave your iPhone connected and again go to “Extras” from “Redsn0w”. Now select the “Just boot” and follow the steps for tethered boot.
How to Install Cydia after iOS 6 jailbreak?
Thanks to K1sis.net for a quick tip for installing Cydia on iOS 6, follow the simple guidelines to install Cydia on your Jailbroken iPhone 4, 3Gs or iPod Touch 4G. This guide will work on both Windows and Mac OS.
- Connect your iDevice with Wi-Fi and Note down the IP address of your Wi-Fi connection. It can be found in “Settings > Wi-Fi > “
For Mac Users:
- Open Terminal app on your Computer, in this app type the SSH [email protected] [Enter your own IP address in place of 10.0.0.1.
- Hit the Enter and it will ask you the password which is “alpine”
For Windows users:
- Download the free [iTool] and run it on your PC. Connect your iDevice and Click on “Advanced > Open SSH Tunnel”
- Write “yes” and it will ask you to enter the Password which is “alpine”
- After successful connection, paste the following command:
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
- After some time, your iOS device will be rebooted and you will see a new “Cydia” icon on your iPhone 3Gs, 4 or iPod Touch 4G.
How to Jailbreak iOS 6 on iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod touch 4G (Video)
That’s it! You will have a successfully Jailbroken iPhone 4, 3GS or iPod touch on iOS 6.
My Recommendations: Stay away from such complicated jailbreak and wait for the official release of updated Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 for Windows and Mac from iPhone Dev-team which may come very soon