If you are an iPhone or iPad user and are fond of capturing pictures and videos, you are in a habit of transferring them to your PC/Mac. Well! You may have noticed that the video quality drops from HD to a very low resolution when transferred to PC/Mac. This usually happens if you use the iOS built-in sharing tools for the purpose. In that case, it is natural to think of a solution that lets you transfer the video without deteriorating its quality.
How to transfer videos from iPhone or iPad to a Mac:
- Go to the “Application” folder and launch “Image Capture”.
- Connect your iOS device (iPad, iPod, or iPhone) to the Mac via USB data cable.
- Select the videos that you want to copy, via image capture. You may also select more than one video at a time.
- In the “Import To” menu, select a destination to save your videos.
- By now, you are just one click away from getting HD videos copied to your Mac. Click “Import” and the videos will be copied to your Mac.
Copying Full HD Video from iPhone/iPad to a Windows PC
Accessing files through a Windows PC’s is much easier as it can treat the iOS device as part of the file system. This makes it possible to access your videos and pictures with Window’s default, “Windows Explorer”. The steps below will guide you well on how to transfer HD video from your iOS devices to Windows PC.
- After connecting your iOS device to the PC with a USB data cable, open “My Computer” and find your device in the list of connected devices.
- Access the device by double clicking its icon and select the videos you want to copy. Then using the normal Copy-Paste procedure of windows, paste and save the video to the desired location.